Monday, August 18, 2008

Gardening Update

I just posted a ton of new pics in Flickr showing the progression of our first attempt at a vegetable garden. We went all out this year, starting from seeds with almost everything. Despite our lack of any experience whatsoever, I think we did pretty well. We're harvesting more than we can eat at least. I think we definitely have a huge list of "what we can do better next year" so we're already looking forward to the coming spring. Right now though, the garden thrives even though it's taken on a sort of "jungle" look. With my pregnancy and Mike's schedule, we just haven't been able to keep up with the maintenance as much as we'd like. In the end, our thumbs are a little greener and our grocery bill is a little less. And amazingly, the veggies are actually tasty! We've used them in so many recipes...here's a quick list:

Lemon balm bread
Basil pizza
Salads galore
Omelets
Zucchini bread
Chicken & veggie kabobs
Lasagna
Pasta salad
Not to mention just eating fresh off the vine!

No comments: