Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baby Stats and First Date

My multi-tasking skills have always been quite good in my opinion. But now I have transcended to a whole new level. As I type, I am rocking the baby in his bouncy chair with my foot, uploading photos on my computer, all with the washing machine and the dishwasher running, and stopping occasionally to add items to my growing shopping list.

The baby is doing great! We had a doctor appointment last week and he's up to 9 lbs 4 oz and 23.75 inches long. His length puts him in the 97 percentile for his age so he's pretty long! He's already starting to hold his head up a little bit and he likes to listen to music too. We had some professional photos taken this week and I have to say...the little guy is a natural. He hardly fussed at all and seemed to love having his photo taken. As soon as we get these pics, we'll get them online. In the meantime, check out the very unprofessional pictures we've taken on Flickr sometime today.

My mom left this morning after spending the week here with us, helping out with the little guy. She was especially a big help yesterday. Mike and I got to clear out our vegetable garden. We harvested the remaining peppers (over 30!) and pulled everything up for composting. You should have seen the enormous horn worm we found. Ew! Then Mike tilled the ground for our winter preparation. It was great to be outside on such a nice day. I can't remember the last time I could do something without feeling physically limited in some way. It was liberating!

Then last night, Grandma watched the baby again since Mike and I had plans for our first post-baby date. We went to the sold-out show of the St. Louis Symphony performing the score to the Lord of the Rings movies. It was so amazing! I had goosebumps nearly nonstop...the vocals, the orchestra, all of it was really wonderful. Then we hurried home right after to see our boy to bed. Thanks for all your help Mom!

Today we are back on our own and the house is quite while the little man sleeps. We're counting down the days to the annual Pumpkin Daze festival in Republic, MO. The little guy will get to meet so many new family members and begin to learn the art of growing huge watermelons from his Papaw.

No comments: