Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1-YEAR-OLD!

I hardly know where to begin! So much has happened since our last update. Most important...our little boy turned ONE! We had a small party here at home with a few friends and their kids. It was a perfect day all around! The weather was spectacular...we played washers and wiffle ball, grilled burgers and hot dogs, and stuffed our face with cake. I was relieved my goodie bags went over so well with the kids. It's tough to find little gifts that work for boys and girls ranging from 3 to 14! Birthday party pics are going up on Flickr now.

Carter also had his one year check-up with his doctor. Aside from the 5 shots (gasp!) he needed to get, everything went well. He's still one of those long, lean babies that never seems to fatten up no matter how much we feed him. At home, we're progressing into the toddler stage. Carter walks all over the place now, babbling and banging as he goes. For the most part, he's fairly accepting of all types of food we've tried with him. The doctor warned us this is the age that babies may not need as much food now that growth has slowed down. I think we've started to experience this behavior since Carter will emphatically shake his head "NO!" when he's had enough food.

Today we are getting ready for a big trip to Hot Springs to visit Mike's family. This will be the longest trip we've ever taken with Carter and I am astonished by the amount of stuff we have to bring for him. I hope the driving goes without incident!

No comments: