Monday, July 19, 2010

The Summer of Trains

Time seems to be flying even faster than ever these days. Nora is already 3 months old and next month my little boy will be 2 years old. They are both growing so fast!

It pains me to say that I am no longer the love of Carter's life. He has found a new passion and it comes in the form of a little blue steam engine. Thomas the train has taken over Carter's world. He absolutely loves playing with the wooden train sets that are covering the family room floor. If we didn't make him stop to eat, Carter would probably play with those trains all day long. We even got him a new tricycle, but nothing tops the trains...he's happy pushing them around and around (and around again). A couple weeks ago, Grandma and I took the kids to the Museum of Transportation. Carter was in heaven...real trains everywhere! It was actually one of the best museums I've ever been to.

Nora seems to be the opposite of Carter in nearly every way. Where Carter was long and lean as an infant, Nora is a chubby butterball. Her cheeks literally hang off her face. She so cute and cuddly though and she always has a smile for me. No signs of rolling over yet, but she has slept through the night several times, for which Mike and I are especially grateful.

It's been especially hot here lately, which I both love and hate. Hate it because it's hard to really enjoy any outside time with the kids. Within 10 min of playing at the park, Carter is covered in sweat and Nora's face has turned pink. But with the heat comes the bounty of fruit at the farmers' markets. We have been gorging ourselves on peaches and watermelons. Carter's face might be stained red permanently with all the watermelon he eats. Sadly, our garden never really had a chance this year. We just haven't had the time to take care of it. Instead we've provided the local deer and rabbits with a steady diet of greens and I can no longer differentiate the vegetables from the weeds. Oh well, we'll do better next year.

Hope everyone's doing well and staying cool. More pictures are up on my Facebook page so click here to see them:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=214942&id=1012296258&l=c0623b2cda

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I really need to take the boys to The Museum of Transportation, they would LOVE it! Timothy is a big Thomas the Train fan too.