Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

The heat wave finally broke today and we celebrated by going to the Zoo. Carter was most excited about the snakes, but I think Nora liked the ducks the best (because she can nearly say the word "duck"). I liked the Dippin' Dots ice cream break we took after two hours of pushing a double stroller.

Nora's vocabulary is really starting to take off. Not that anyone would be able to understand her...most of her words are ones that only I can comprehend. But in some form or another, she is able to say: Mama, Dada, ball, more, water, mouth, nose, ear, hair, duck, dog, book, Olivia, and Minnie. There may be more but that's all I could think of on the spot.

Carter hardly ever stops talking. His pronunciation improves every day. For example, he actually says the word "caboose" now instead of "boose-a-boo-boo" like he used to say. His hang-up now is that his entire conversations take place in the form of questions. It's kind of impressive really. I can't believe he'll be turning 3 in a few weeks. He's turning into a little man!

We just got back from a long weekend trip to Hot Springs with Mike's family. Despite the HOT weather, Mike and I were able to take the kids to their first beach trip at one of the local lakes. It was great! Carter especially liked walking in the water, even though he kept calling it a pool. Nora enjoyed collecting rocks on the beach and was loathe to give them up (I found several in her carseat later). While visiting the family, we even managed to get a respectable family photo with everyone (even the kids) looking at the camera! It was a miracle, especially that we only had time for ONE shot before the rain started pouring.

Hope everyone is having a good summer. I am really looking forward to fall and the cooler weather that it brings.

Click HERE for new photos added to the Summer 2011 album on Facebook

No comments: