Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

I love this time of year! Christmas is my favorite holiday...all the decorations, hot cocoa, snow, trees, everything. I can't wait until next year when Carter is old enough to participate.

Last weekend, my Mom and Ed came to visit Carter. While they babysat, Mike and I went out and found the perfect Frasier Fir for our Christmas tree. I love how it looks all lit up in our front window.

Mom and I got ourselves new webcams for our computers. We tested them out yesterday and they are so cool! We had a live conversation over the computer complete with video. I had Carter on my lap so he could see her and she him. (Brenda we should look into this for you)

Mom and I did some baking over the weekend too. I made my new favorite: Chocolate chunk banana oatmeal cookies (sorry Ed, did you know there was banana in them?). I got the recipe from Martha here. I'm not a fan of nuts so I just omitted them and added more chocolate.

I fell behind with my bird feeders last month and I got back on track this past weekend. The birds must have missed me because they were crazy for the food. So many birds! In the past few days I've seen nuthatches, finches, bluejays, cardinals, juncos, titmice, woodpeckers, flickers, and probably others I'm not remembering. I love watching them.

Carter is growing so fast. It seems like every day he does something new. He's getting so close to being able to roll over. It's fun to watch him work at it, though he gets frustrated when he needs our help. Check Flickr for videos.

Hope everyone enjoys their Christmas holiday! Sorry we can't be with family this time around. We'll take lots of photos and videos though! Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so much fun to listen to you and Mike on the videos. You are great parents! It's fun to hear the excitement in your voices when you are interacting with Carter. Being with you last weekend and watching Carter roll over and his awarness of the lighted tree was priceless. And it was very funny to hear Ed say how much he liked the cookies - and to share the little 'secret' until NOW. Thanks for the fun weekend! Love, Mom xo

Unknown said...

Hope things are going well. We don't have much snow in Carlsbad, regrettably, and we both miss it. As always, if you're in CA for a visit, pls remember to let us know. If you ever want to webcam, pls let us know. We have a Mac and a GMail account that we use to Applecam with Suzi. Love to you all, Joe and Gracie