Sunday, April 19, 2009

April Showers Before and After

It's been raining nonstop for over 30 hours. I'm not kidding, it hasn't stopped even for a moment.

Before all this rain came, we had some beautiful weather during the week and Carter and I made the most of it. We hiked at Shaw Nature Reserve and saw spring wildflowers blooming including daffodils, bluebells, and poppies. Flowering dogwoods are finally showing their white blooms within the towering oaks around our house. Next we visited the St. Louis Zoo and saw bears, penguins, big cats, and more. Then finally we visited the Botanical Garden, which was really the most spectacular. I've been to the garden more times than I can count, but I think this time of year is my favorite. The spring tulip display is really amazing. Anyone who visits us here can count on me recommending the garden as a place to spend the day.

Tomorrow is opening turkey hunting for Missouri and Mike is chomping at the bit to get out and "bag a bird". Everyone cross your fingers for a good hunt this year.

Couple new videos are up on Flickr. Make sure you take a look at "The Amazing Flying Carter!" and how Carter reacts to the sound of Mike's owl call.

No comments: