Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy October

Please forgive the long blog absence. I'll try to make it up here with a good long post.

My pregnancy so far has been going well. I'm starting my 14th week and I am very happy to be leaving the first trimester behind. For the most part, the experience has been about the same as it was with Carter. The first trimester was full of nausea and sprints to the bathroom, but I think all that is behind me now (fingers crossed). The only bummer at the beginning of my second trimester is that I got a cold. All this week has been sniffles and coughs. I think I'm nearly over it though. I'm hopeful that Mike and Carter will escape unscathed. My next doctor appointment is this week so we'll have a new update soon.

October has been pretty busy for us. The first weekend was the annual Pumpkin Daze festival in Republic, MO. It was a great chance for us to visit with family, see some big gourds, and eat some good food. The weather was a little on the chilly side, even though the sun was shining. Carter seemed to enjoy running around the hotel lobby more than anything else. During the drive down to Republic, we stopped at Sunshine Valley Farms to buy some orchard apples. We bought Lura Red and Liberty apples. Almost all of the Lura Reds have been converted and canned to applesauce (16 quarts!). The Liberties we kept for eating or pie-making, but they seem to be losing their flavor. Oh well.

The past few weekends, we've been taking Carter to some of the local fall festivals at pumpkin patches and farms. He really seems to enjoy just walking around outside, exploring nature, picking up leaves. This year, he's still a bit too young to play around the older kids on the playgrounds. But he enjoyed the hayride, checked out the pumpkins to be carved, and ran through a corn maze with Dad. This coming weekend will have a couple of Halloween events for little ones at the Zoo and the Botanical Garden. Since it's unlikely that Carter will be trick-or-treating this year, we may go to some of these events if the weather holds out.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope you had your fill of Bunn updates! Check Flickr for new pictures.

No comments: