I can't believe November is almost half over! I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here! I can't believe this pregnancy is nearly half over!
Whew! (deep breath)
Halloween was pretty low-key here. We stayed home and handed out candy to the neighborhood kids. For some reason, they seemed reluctant to actually ring the doorbell. But I had the window shade up and the front door open. So it was only when I happened to walk through the living room that I would see four or five little faces pressed up against the glass, eager for the candy. So cute! I think Carter might be ready for it next year.
Last weekend my mom, Ed, my sister, and her son all came to visit us. We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. We went to the zoo, where we rode the train, saw the giraffes and the "mary dogs" (prairie dogs), and wore ourselves out with walking. Carter seemed to get a real kick out of watching his cousin play around the house. I've noticed the last couple days that Carter it sticking out his tongue while he concentrates on the task at hand...something he picked up from his cousin?
Carter continues to surprise us every day. It's so fun to see his personality develop as he grows. He LOVES to be outside, exploring the yard. He's quite the little nature lover. The first thing he does after setting foot out the door is find a leaf on the ground. He picks it up with one hand and grabs the stem with the other. For the rest of the time outside, he will carry this same leaf by the stem in his little hand. If I pile up the leaves in the yard, Carter will plow right through them, kicking and stomping as he goes. I can't wait for some snow to come...I wonder how he will react to it.
My pregnancy is going well so far. This week I reach my 17th week, so 3 more weeks to the half-way point. At my last checkup, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which is always amazing. The week after Thanksgiving, we'll be able to find out if it's a boy or a girl. We have yet to do anything in the way of getting a new nursery ready. Right now, the room that will become the new baby's room is actually our guest bedroom. Perhaps after the potential for holiday visitors passes, we'll be able to get to work.
In the meantime, I am so excited for Christmas to come. It's my favorite time of year! My iPod is updated with all my holiday favorites which always put a smile on my face. I can't wait to get our Christmas tree and start decorating. Hooray for twinkle lights and the smell of a real Frasier fir tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment