Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ups and Downs of Thanksgiving Weekend

Another lazy blog entry...

Bad: Mike's parents were unable to come visit us for Thanksgiving.
Good: We have tons of extra food to ourselves! (I'm typing between bites of apple pie)

Bad: Mike decided not to make his banana pudding since Thanksgiving was just the two of us.
Good: Now I have tons of leftover bananas to make banana-oatmeal-chocolate-chunk cookies!

Bad: Carter has had the most awful case of "the backdoor trots" (as Mike calls them) I've ever witnessed...I'll spare the details, but the washing machine has been running continuously and the word "projectile" is definitely applicable.
Good: After severely restricting his diet for a few days, we seem to have finally turned a corner.

Bad: The Vikings weren't on TV this weekend.
Good: The Vikings won.

Bad: The Razorbacks lost.
Good: The Razorbacks were on TV this weekend.

Bad: The weather is starting to get colder, which means less outside time for Carter.
Good: Our neighbors' Christmas lights look so pretty!

Bad: Thursday is still 4 long days away!
Good: On Thursday we get to find out the sex of our new baby. Stay tuned!

No comments: