Well, so much for New Year's resolutions. I'm still not updating this blog as often as I would like.
After a busy December, we've been taking it easy this month. The time at home has given us a chance to get odds and ends done around the house. And while I'm still recovering from the Vikings loss, we are excited to watch the Superbowl this weekend with Mamaw and Papaw.
Carter continues to amaze us every day. He's learning things so fast! Ask him to point out his belly, mouth, ears, feet, or hair, and he will do it most times. He'll even stick out his tongue if you ask him. It's so rewarding to see these new levels of understanding unfold. Our one-way conversations are finally starting to feel more like two-way ones. He still doesn't talk much in the way of recognizable words, but that's not to say he isn't vocal! He loves playing with blocks and trucks and trains...a classic boy. I can't wait for the warm weather so he can get outside and play more.
My pregnancy is going well. I just found out I passed my gestational diabetes test. Horray! The little girl seems to be constantly on the move. I think it might be getting crowded in there. Not only are her kicks becoming quite hard, but my clothes are getting a lot tighter across the belly. I've had to start rolling myself out of bed (literally) in the mornings just to get upright. Starting in a couple weeks, my doctor appointments will increase in frequency until the big day. We're finally making some progress in the baby's room...we bought a crib and I've been working on painting a dresser and chest (thanks Grandma!) to match it.
Hope everyone is well! We miss you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment