I'm counting down the weeks to the end of this pregnancy and I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. Despite our best efforts, Carter's entry into the world required a C-section. For baby #2, we've opted to follow our doctor's advice and perform another C-section. The official date has been set...April 15! This ends up being 6 days before the actual due date. However, I have a feeling that this baby, like Carter, will make her entrance before then (Carter was 10 days early).
I'm hoping tomorrow we will finally be able to assemble the new crib. We've finished phase one of the furniture makeover...the dresser is complete (well, except for the new knobs)! See pictures below. Work will begin on the matching chest soon. It still seems like we have a ton of things left to buy and do before the baby comes, but one way or another, we'll get it done.
Carter's latest milestone happened yesterday. I was beginning to think this kids might forever eat his food with his fingers. In his opinion, utensils simply get in the way. We've had a breakthrough though! I put a piece of corn on a spoon and he picked up the spoon and ate the corn. I nearly threw our own parade in the kitchen. It seems silly to get so excited about one piece of corn, but after bending down to pick up thousands of pieces of corn on the floor over the last few months, that one piece that made it from spoon to mouth really IS worth celebrating. Yay for Carter!
No comments:
Post a Comment