Today I received a bit of a shock when I looked at the calendar. My C-section is scheduled for 3 weeks from today! 3 WEEKS!! Yikes! For some reason I had it in my head that the big event was 4 weeks away. I can't believe there's only 3 weeks before our new little girl will be in our arms.
Sometimes it seems this last trimester has gone by fast and sometimes slow. The signs of early spring have definitely made things go by faster. We've had some really nice weather here and it's been wonderful to take Carter outside for a change. He never seems to tire of stomping around the yard. I even took him to watch a bit of the baseball game at the community college by our house. He looked so cute in his baseball hat watching the big boys play.
The warmer weather has inspired me to finally fill the birdfeeders on our deck. I always love watching the variety of birds that visit, especially in the spring. Our deck has had more traffic than a social networking site the last two days and the feeders already need to be refilled. Hmm. Too bad Carter isn't old enough to have that job as a household chore. In addition to the birds, we've got some greener grass cropping up and new buds on the trees. Daffodils are blooming everywhere. Mole activity has increased 100-fold. While Carter is quite good at smashing their tunnels with his feet, it's really getting out of hand. I'm afraid we may not have much green grass in the backyard this year.
The new baby's room (formally our guest room) is nearly finished. My mom made all of the bedding for the new crib and it looks great! Pictures to come soon as I am still waiting to put a few finishing touches in the room. I love the way everything came together though. I smile every time I walk in there, which I do frequently to admire it all.
Hope everyone is well! It's likely the next post will be after the "birth" day so stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment