Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cross Your Fingers...

Apparently I'm lapsing in my blogging responsibilities...at least according to various friends and family. I swear it's not intentional! These days, it seems like I blink my eyes and a whole week passes. In fact, today I actually put a dirty diaper in the mailbox instead of the trash bin. Thankfully the mail had already run today, but at least you see where my head is (or isn't) these days. :-)

The last couple months have been as uneventful as a household can be with two babies in it. But this last week or so has seen a lot of changes. Nora has been eating solid food for her dinner. Between Carter and her, Mike and I are lucky if we actually get to eat hot food at the same time together. Sometimes we postpone our dinner until after the kids go to bed just so we can enjoy the meal! But it's fun to see Nora figure out how to swallow rice cereal, and Carter finally eat some of his food with a fork.

As far as sleeping goes, we've been pretty lucky as parents...both of ours are sleeping through the night. I almost dread the day we introduce Carter to a toddler bed on the likely chance that he will wake everyone up during the night when he falls out of the bed. In his crib, he hardly ever sleeps in a normal position...usually I check on him to find his feet sticking out through the slats.

Couple of other firsts this month...I took Carter to the movie theater to see a Thomas the Train movie. It was a complete failure! Oh well, maybe next time.

In a few days, my fingers will be crossed for a more successful "first". Mike and I are taking the kids on a plane to Minnesota for a long weekend. I'm really excited about the actual time in Minnesota, but also dreading the travel part. I'm sure the next blog entry will have lots of interesting stories from the trip. Until then, check out the new pics on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=238678&id=1012296258&l=5f0cc90b62

1 comment:

Aaron {the girl with the boy's name} said...

I hope you all have a very successful and fun trip!
-Aaron