Nora A baby no longer! Nora has accomplished so much in the last several weeks, she's almost unrecognizable from the baby we had at Christmas. Our little girl is now a big 1-year-old! She's nearly weened off her formula and bottles, she's eating more and more table food, and she's even taken a few tentative steps all on her own! Her doctor checkup had her weighing in at a hefty 25 pounds and measuring 31 inches long, both >95% for her age. It's getting harder and harder to carry her, but fortunately she likes to crawl and cruise on her own. There's no denying her growth though. She's working on more teeth again, wearing 18 month clothes, and sharing diapers with Carter (who's older by almost 2 years!). Nora's birthday party was small and simple but lots of fun. Everyone raved about the carrot cake cupcakes we made, but the credit really goes to Aunt Gracie for the recipe (Thank you AGAIN!). Pictures from the party can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=1857326545545&id=1012296258&aid=260964&l=1ad40a8236
Carter Even though Carter is nearing his 3rd birthday, there are days that it seems like he's just now entering those "Terrible Twos". Sheesh! This kid has a scream that could shatter glass and burst ear drums. Despite these bumps in the road, he really is a very sweet boy. He's showing a lot more affection towards Nora (if tackling is affection) and the kid simply can't stop talking! We really have to be careful these days as he's perfected the role of the household "echo". Anything you say he is likely to repeat, as Mike and I discovered during separate moments of frustration when we each said "Crap!"
Mike The winter months have given Mike a chance to hone his skills as a homebrewer. So far he's got a few batches under his belt and he continues to perfect his craft. A few other buddies also homebrew and they sometimes get together after work to "study" beer brewing at the local pubs. The warm weather brings other activities though so brewing might be on hiatus for a while. The lawnmower was tuned up and already been put to work. Soon we'll be planting some vegetables in the garden and that will keep both of us busy. Softball leagues have begun. And the most anticipated of all...tomorrow...opening day for the spring turkey hunt. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for Mike as he tried to bag a bird!
Rebecca For the first time in a very long time, I am not playing softball or volleyball at all. It's actually been 3 years since I played any softball, but I had kept up the volleyball, even playing while pregnant with Nora. But now I am without a team. I miss it sometimes, but the trade-off is worth it for now. I've been able to take some classes and do some other things I've never had time to do before. The bookclub I joined has got me reading some great books I probably would never have picked up on my own. I've learned so much about how to use my camera in some photography classes. I've also taken a bookmaking class, which I really enjoyed. Hoping to pick up some sewing skills this summer as well, and maybe volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. I love to learn new things. Is it weird to say that I actually kind of miss being in school?
New pictures posted at the link below, and I'll try to get a video of Nora's baby steps soon! https://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=1857314385241&id=1012296258&aid=260963&l=31fde3a1fb
1 comment:
I miss school too...I wish I could get paid to be a professional student.
-Aaron
Post a Comment