Sunday, April 8, 2012

Little Baby No Longer!

NORA

IS

TWO

!!!!!!


She's grown so much over the last few months. Sometimes it seems like she could be Carter's twin sister, other times I am reminded there really is such a thing as the "terrible twos".

I have discovered Nora's superpower. She has the ability to paralyze her foes, even drive them to madness, by simply opening her mouth. The scream that this girl unleashes is like ten thousand nails on chalkboard. She wields her weapon well. Mercifully, she kept it in check (mostly) for her birthday weekend extravaganza. Since it was also Easter weekend, we kept our party on the small side with just family. So, no over-the-top decorating this time...I feel slightly guilty about shafting Nora like that, but I doubt she really noticed (or cared).

Despite the lack of streamers, the fun was endless all weekend long! With perfect weather, we hit the Missouri Botanical Garden, played in the yard, ate cupcakes and cake pops, and played with all the new toys. Sunday morning, the kids had an egg hunt in the yard, and later we visited West City Park to play on the playground and throw rocks in the creek. Now the kids are wiped out and in bed. Whew!

It's been a very busy couple of months for us, and I am ready for a normal routine to be re-established. Nora's got her 2-year doctor check-up coming up this week and I am interested to see what the doctor says about her growth. Amazingly, we haven't been to the doctor since October so there will be a lot of milestones to report....(sorry, I'm still marveling over the fact that we made it all winter with only a mild cold for the kids)...

Other news for us:
- We had our roof re-shingled...one year after we experienced hail damage!
- Carter has made amazing progress in potty training!
- Work has begun in the vegetable garden, rhubarb and asparagus have already sprouted, lettuce to go in soon

More news coming soon! For new photos on Facebook, click HERE.

No comments: